7 DAY FAST; THE DAY AFTER
DAY 4 OF 7 DAY FAST
WANT TO TRY A FAST?
First thing’s first, always ask your doctor if he thinks it’s ok for you to do a fast for however many days you want and get clearance from them. Second; go to the Programs & Membership Page for different programs.
WHAT I LEARNED FROM A 7-DAY WATER FAST
This whole experience definitely taught me a lot. Through focus, discipline and the Muscle Release techniques I’ve created, I was able to go without food for a week in a country whose air is saturated with the smell of good food. All my other tasks that I would like to accomplish do not seem that difficult now. Needless to say, it built a lot of confidence in me and strengthened my will power a little. Here are some of the other things I learned while fasting:
– The mind is easily distracted but not easily focused. Fasting helped me learn how to focus. If I didn’t focus on my breathing and my yoga, I would lose a lot of energy and start to feel horrible.
– We can sustain ourselves through the energy in the air a.k.a. “prana.” On day 4 (which was going to be the end of the fast) I learned how to send the energy from the air into my main energy center through a specific kind of breathing. I can teach you these and other breathing techniques to double your lung capacity, increase your endurance and more found on the Programs & Membership Page.
– We can go without calories for 7 days! Even myself with a body fat percentage of about 9. Water, well, I haven’t learned how to go without that yet.
– Meditation is about letting go. The more I was able to focus my mind on a particular spot, the deeper I was able to go into meditation.
– The more you meditate, the deeper you can go and the more your body heals itself. Our bodies know where the energy and circulation need to go. I experienced this first hand as my energy level would start to plummet, I would then go outside in the sun, and simply let my mind stop for a good 30 minutes. All of a sudden my body started to pulse in certain points and before I knew it I felt amazing and went on with my day.
– Different acupuncture points on your body will start to pulse or become painful. For me specifically, it was Spleen 11 which is responsible for cleansing the spleen / digestive system.
– Hunger comes and goes. We get hungry, but after a while it goes away. What’s interesting is that I would still get hungry like 3 or more times a day even after I was well into the fast.